Here are some amazing quotes by the industrialist, investor, philanthropist and former Tata Group chairman Mr. Ratan Tata.
Ratan Tata is considered as one of India’s greatest business icons and one of the most influential personalities in recent time. He served as the chairman of Tata Group from 1991 to 2012 and during this time, its business saw a huge growth in the global market. He is now the chairman of India’s one of the oldest charitable organisations ‘Tata Trusts’. He is India’s most beloved and celebrated industrialist who is known for his wisdom, great business ethics, strong leadership and humble nature.
Here are some motivational quotes by him.
- “Take the stones people throw at you. And use them to build a monument.”
- “None can destroy iron, but its own rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person but his own mindset can.”
- “I don’t believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.”
- “I have been constantly telling people to encourage people, to question the unquestioned, and not to be ashamed to bring up new ideas, new processes to get things done.”
- “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.”
- “Don’t be serious, enjoy life as it comes.”
- “Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.”
- “I admire people who are very successful. But if that success has been achieved through too much ruthlessness, then I may admire the person, but I can’t respect him.”
- “If a founder has passion and innovation, he needs to be supported. I am more intuitive than a number of persons, and I recognise that not all investments are going to be positive. Some may fail, and some may have problems for other reasons. That is life.”
- “The day I am not able to fly will be a sad day for me.”
- “There are many things that, if I have to relive, may be I will do it another way. But I would not like to look back and think what I have not been able to.”
- “A person who is trying to copy others will be a successful person for a while, but he won’t be able to succeed further in life.”
- “If there are challenges thrown across, then some interesting, innovative solutions are found. Without challenges, the tendency is to go on the same way.”
Ratan Tata’s life and works inspire millions of people around the nation. He has received several awards including Padma Bhushan (in 2000) and Padma Vibhushan (in 2008).