A shout-out to all the tea lovers,here is a variety of tea from our own India which you must try. Read on to discover all about Kangra tea
Tea has been around for the longest time in several parts of Asia. However Indian variant of tea, known as chai has been a staple beverage of Indian subcontinent with milk and sugar. When we talk about switching over to healthy drinks for a better lifestyle, green tea has seen quite a rise in its sales owing to its numerous benefits.The urban Indian health freaks are always on the look-out for the best green tea in the market. While people are quite fond of sipping Indian variety of Darjeeling tea or Assam tea, there is a hidden variety of tea found exclusively in Kangra valley’s tea gardens, which is getting a lot of attention from the consumers.
Kangra tea is plucked mainly from Palampur and Dharamshala’s tea gardens in Himachal Pradesh. It is one of India’s hidden wonder tea. Are you thinking about choosing a good reason to switch over to it? Well! We give you five of them.
- The tea is less harmful than your regular CTC variety and is free of any artificial processing. You could buy any brand of Kangra tea and checkthis claim.
- Kangra tea comes in both variants, black tea and green tea. The tea plantation in the region dates back to the mid-nineteenth century when the British started planting a Chinese variety of tea known as Camellia sinensis. The medicinal value of this variety is due to the perfect geographical climate of the region.
- The tea is full of antioxidants, which boosts our body’s immunity. It also aids in weight loss if taken regularly.
- The aroma and the flavours of Kangra tea make it one of the finest varieties of tea worldwide. If you are a tea aficionado, you will surely enjoy its taste, which is slightly lighter than the Darjeeling tea and its unique fruity flavour.
- Experts have claimed that Kangra tea could be highly beneficial against the potentially harmful viruses which are wreaking havoc around the world. To quote Dr Sanjay Singh from Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT),”The chemicals in Kangra tea could also be effective in boosting immunity as they can block coronavirus activity better than anti-HIV drugs.”
So the next timeyou are holidaying around the scenic landscape of Kangra region surrounded by the mighty Dhauladhar peaks, make sure to visit any Kangra tea outlet and buy yourself some stock for your family.