Read on to find out some amazing ways which might help you to increase your IQ level.
IQ or intelligent quotient is the measure of someone’s intelligence and cognitive skills (logic, reasoning, problem solving, memory etc.). While it mostly depends on your genetics, there are also certain strategies which you can follow to boost your IQ level.
- Do exercises: Regular exercises boost the supply of blood, oxygen, glucose and nutrients to your brain and improve the overall activities of it. Also, certain exercises improve your DNA health and stimulate metabolic mechanisms which help brain functioning. Running, jogging, cycling, swimming, skipping, yoga etc. boost all your bodily functions and eventually, increase your IQ level.
- Practice meditation: Practicing mindfulness meditation for at least 15 minutes everyday improves your intelligence as well as cognitive skills and analytical thinking. It can alter your brain structure and improve blood circulation in it, both of which result in sharpening your brain. Also, a regular practice of meditation reduces your stress, improves your focus and makes you smarter.
- Games and puzzles: Several studies have found that playing games like chess, sudoku etc. and solving crossword puzzles can improve your IQ level to a certain extent. This enhances your memory, reasoning skills, analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Read books: Needless to say, that reading books makes you wiser, more knowledgeable and more intelligent. Also, several studies have found that reading boosts some important functions of your brain and improves your analytical thinking and cognitive skills. A survey has shown that people who read on a regular basis are way smarter than people who don’t read books.
- Learn an instrument: It is scientifically proven that learning a musical instrument has several positive impacts on your brain and can increase your IQ level by almost 10%. While playing an instrument, you use both sides of your brain and this sharpens your memory skills. Also, this practice improves your reasoning skills, cognitive abilities and problem-solving abilities.
- Learn a new language: Learning a new language can develop your mind and help your brain grow. When you’re learning new vocabulary and grammar, it naturally sharpens your brain and improves your thinking ability, reasoning skills and memory skills. Several studies have found that people who speak two or more languages have more IQ than people who speak only one language.
- Get enough sleep: Too less or too much sleep affects your brain and reduces IQ level by up to 8%. During sleep, your brain produces new neurons which support your reasoning skills and cognitive abilities. So, get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night to maintain a good IQ level.
So, follow all the tips, increase your IQ level and be the best version of yourself.