Check out the list to get some good recommendations of Malayalam movies.
Considered by many as the best movie industry in India right now, Malayalam industry is popular for producing fresh contents that are very much close to the reality. From aesthetics to technical aspects, they are taking Indian films to an another level. Also the way they present the natural beauty, culture, traditions and people of Kerala in their movies, is truly commendable. Here we will talk about 5 such Malayalam movies which will blow your mind and make you fall in love with Kerala as well as its people.
- Charlie (2015): Directed by Martin Prakkat, the 2015 movie ‘Charlie’ is a romantic musical drama that tells the journey of Charlie and Tessa. The film is feel good, inspirational and shows how to live life to the fullest. The cinematography is breathtaking and the music perfectly shapes the mood of the film. Dulqar Salman as Charlie and Parvathy Thiruvothu as Tessa are lovely, charming and absolutely flawless.
- Kumbalangi Nights (2015): ‘Kumbalangi Nights’ is a must watch movie for those who love simple stories presented in an extraordinary way. It tells the story of some people living in a village and the relationship between them. Each character is written extremely well and has their own importance in the film. The film is full of emotions and will keep you totally involved in it. Performances from all the cast members, specially Fahadh Fasil and Soubin Shahir are absolutely outstanding. The cinematography and locations are so beautiful that once you finish watching the film, you will fall in love with Kerala.
- Premam (2015): ‘Premam’ is an entertaining romantic drama which tells the story of George and his love affairs in different stages of life. The film is extremely well written and it will make you emotionally connected with each of the characters. The beauty of Kerala and its people are shown in such a beautiful way that it will warm your heart.
- Sudani from Nigeria (2018): The film primarily revolves around some local football clubs and the craziness they have for football. But in depth, it’s a film about love, trust and humanity. The film contains several emotional moments and it shows how honest and affectionate Malayali people are.
- North 24 Kaatham (2013): It tells the story of Harikrishnan, an IT employee who suffers from OCD, and his journey of self exploration. The film is simple, realistic and explores the true meaning of life. Fahadh Fasil as the protagonist is brilliant and makes you feel emotionally connected with the character.
Also ‘Parava’, ‘Bangalore days’, ‘Ustaad Hotel’, ‘Koode’, ‘Kappela’, ‘Mayanadhi’, ‘Njan Prakashan’ are some of the Malayalam movies which will make you fascinated about Kerala.