Sachin Tendulkar, often referred to as the “God of Cricket”, inspires millions of sportsmen around the whole world with his achievements.
Sachin Tendulkar is regarded as one of the greatest batsmen ever in the history of cricket. Being a former Indian cricketer, he holds so many records in his name that cannot be described in a single book or documentary. He started playing cricket at the age of 11 and by the age of sixteen, made his test debut against Pakistan. Soon, he started dominating cricket like a ruler and became the most iconic sportsman in India.
Here are some motivational quotes by the ‘Master Blaster’Sachin Tendulkar.
- “Don’t stop chasing your dreams, because dreams do come true.”
- “Before you lay a foundation on the cricket field, there should be a solid foundation in your heart and you start building on that. After that as you start playing more and more matches, you learn how to score runs and how to take wickets.”
- “I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground, it’s a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there.”
- “Isn’t cricket supposed to be a team sport? I feel people should decide first whether cricket is a team game or an individual sport.”
- “My point of view is that when I am playing cricket, I cannot think that this game is less or more important.”
- “If you remain humble, people will give you love and respect even after you have finished with the game.
- “People throw stones at you and you convert them into milestones.”
- “Every individual has his own style, his own way of presenting himself on and off the field.”
- “Presence’ is actually very important in international sport. It is one thing just being there in the middle, but it is another making people aware of your ‘presence’. It is about body language and radiating confidence, something that the West Indian batting legend Viv Richards would personify.”
- “The key to handling pressure situations like these is to keep yourself steady, follow your instincts and think clearly.”
- “Chase your dreams, but make sure you don’t find any shortcuts.”
- “Any active sportsman has to be very focused; you’ve got to be in the right frame of mind. If your energy is diverted in various directions, you do not achieve the results. I need to know when to switch on and switch off: and the rest of the things happen around that. Cricket is in the foreground, the rest is in the background.”
For his contributions in cricket, Tendulkar has received several prestigious awards including the Bharat Ratna in 2013.