They did not just pick up the medals or struggled for it. They inspired the world with their words of wisdom
There’s not an inch of doubt that anybody taking part at the Olympics is a legend. It does not matter whether they get a medal or not. The fact that they took part at the noblest sports event on earth makes them extraordinary. Over the years, these participants have inspired the world not just with their hard work, struggle and tales of success but also with their words of wisdom. In this feature, we bring to you some encouraging quotes from Olympic players and medallists.
- Bonnie Blair, American Speed Skater- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before.
- Mia Ham, America Footballer- I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
- Bronte Barratt, Australian Swimmer- It’s not about winning at the Olympic Games. It’s about trying to win. The motto is faster, higher, stronger, not fastest, highest, strongest. Sometimes it’s the trying that matters.
- Nadia Comăneci, Romanian Gymnast- I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.
- Michael Phelps, American Swimmer- Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.
- Muhammed Ali, American Boxer- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- Sonja Henie, Norwegian Skater- The world never puts a price on you higher than the one you put on yourself.
- Milkha Singh, Indian Runner- I would not stop until I had filled up a bucket with my sweat. I would push myself so much that in the end I would collapse and I would have to be admitted to hospital, I would pray to God to save me, promise that I would be more careful in future. And then I would do it all over again.
- Mary Kom, Indian Boxer- People used to say that boxing is for men and not for women and I thought I will show them some day. I promised myself and I proved myself.
- Abhinav Bindra, Indian Shooter- I have only one talent. I can work harder than anyone else.