Elena Rybakina Reaches Career High Ranking After Three Indian Wells Titles
Wimbledon star player Elena Rybakina has attained her career-best ranking as she climbed to seventh position on Monday. After winning three prestigious Indian Wells titles, she achieved this feat, and now the star player is enjoying her position.
The Kazakh player defeated Australia’s Aryna Sabalenka to win Sunday’s finale and said, “I just want to do my best. Yeah, in the end, try to win.”
“I think the biggest goal is, of course, to be number one. There’s still a long way to go. So this is the end goal, I’d say. For now, I’m seven, but you know how quickly the rankings change. So I need to always focus on the next tournament I play. I’m just trying not to think so much about the rankings,” she said.
“I didn’t think about this, but good stat,” said Rybakina after picking up his fourth career title. I don’t know what to say. When I come to play against anyone, I try not to think about the rankings,” she added.
I think this will be my dream tonight. It’s going to be in my head till tomorrow, because there were so many points where I could play better and handle myself better. Especially when serving for the set, there’s no pressure on me, so why would I go for bigger serves. Just serve to the body and play the point. I was over-hitting,” said the Kazakh player.
“This is another lesson, and that’s okay. I have nothing against that. I’ll learn and come back better.”
WTA Rankings – Top 20
- Iga Świątek (POL) 9,975 pts
- Aryna Sabalenka 6,740
- Jessica Pegula (USA) 5,605
- Caroline Garcia (FRA) 4,990 (+1)
- Ons Jabeur (TUN) 4,976 (-1)
- Coco Gauff (USA) 4,401
- Elena Rybakina (KAZ) 3,720 (+3)
- Daria Kasatkina 3,375
- Belinda Bencic (SUI) 3,360
- Maria Sakkari (GRE) 3,191 (-3)
- Veronika Kudermetova 2,470
- Petra Kvitova (CZE) 2,377 (+3)
- Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 2,324 (+3)
- Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA) 2,276 (-1)
- Liudmila Samsonova 2,191 (-3)
- Victoria Azarenka 2,182 (-2)
- Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 2,155
- Ekaterina Alexandrova 2,005
- Magda Linette (POL) 1,770 (+2)
- Donna Vekic (CRO) 1,662 (+3)