Don’t have a heavy pocket but still want to explore?
Who doesn’t want to travel all year round without having to think about money? Well, unfortunately since that is not possible, there are of course ways to travel without spending too much on hotels, mode of transportation, etc. Yes, budget travelling is highly possible in India. There are several places in the country that you can visit without loosening your purse strings too much. So let’s tell you where to and how to travel cheap in India…
- Kasol, Himachal Pradesh – Kasol is possibly one of the most talked about tourist destinations and yet it is one of the most affordable places to visit when in Himachal Pradesh. It is a small village and is frequented by trekkers, backpackers and people who want to roam the mountains without staying in lavish hotels. You can take a bus to here or even a train and live in either village homes or in a tent! That’s it!
- Pondicherry – Another beautiful small place which is frequented by tourists but is extremely budget-friendly. If you don’t have the budget for Goa, just plan a trip to this beach side place. From little French bakeries to endless crashing waves, Pondicherry is the perfect heaven for all sea lovers. Cheap food and accommodation is easily available there even if you want to stay for a longer period of time.
- Alleppey, Kerala – No Alleppey is not only about expensive boat houses! There is so much to explore in this place for solo travelers who want to roam around on a budget. While houseboats are very expensive there, home stays are a far more cheap option available for students or solo travelers. Cheap food will be taken care of by the roadside stalls that sell everything you will ever desire!
- Varanasi – Benares, which is also known as Varanasi, is a perfect place to go to if you want to explore the cultural and religious side of India. It is one of the cheapest places in the country and you will literally be able to get free food in the temples there as well. Lodges are abundantly available and will not cost you more than 200 per day.
- Amritsar –Another place where you can not only get free food but also free stay! In their Gurudwara, you can stay without paying and even be served free food three times a day.