These Bollywood actors appeared as cops on screen and impressed all of us with their iconic portrayal.
Bollywood has produced a numerous number of cop movies which have been loved by all. Be it an entertaining feature or a hard-hitting realistic drama, the tale of an honest, truthful and tough policeman who can go to any far to stop crime, cheers our inner soul up and makes us fall in love with the protagonist. So, let’s take a look at some of the Bollywood actors who have played cop roles with utmost perfection and made them look conventional on screen.
- Iftekhar Khan: From Police Commissioner in ‘Don’, ‘Yudh’, ‘Galiyon Ke Badshah’, ‘Ram Tera Desh’ etc to Inspector General in ‘Insaniyat Ka Dushman’ and ‘Itihas’; Iftekhar impressed all with his brilliant portrayal as cop roles. Even in ‘Zanjeer’, he made a cameo appearance as the cop, but left a great impact on the audience.
- Jagdish Raj: Jagdish Raj appeared as a police inspector in 144 films and holds a Guinness Record for being the “Most Type Cast Actor”. ‘Don’, ‘Shakti’, ‘Silsila’, ‘Deewar’, ‘Waqt’ are some of his best works.
- Om Puri: Om Puri is one such actor who could fit into any kind of character and make it alive on screen. However, in films like ‘Ghayal’, ‘Gupt’, ‘Maqbool’, ‘Dabangg’ etc, he nailed his roles as the police officer.
- Nana Patekar: From a CBI inspector in ‘Tarkeib’ to a police officer in ‘Ab Tak Chhappan’ 1 & 2, Nana Patekar made us fall in love with his unconventional approach in portraying cop roles.
- Amitabh Bachchan: “The angry young man of Bollywood”, Amitabh Bachchan played cop roles in several movies and impressed everyone with his larger than life presence, baritone voice and brilliant performance. Although he is mostly remembered for his iconic cop roles in ‘Shahenshah’ and ‘Zanjeer’, he was also great as a cop in movies like ‘Khakee’ and ‘Dev’.
- Ajay Devgan: Ajay Devgan has been successfully playing cop roles since 15 years and appeared as fearless cop in movies like ‘Gangaajal’, ‘Aakrosh’, ‘Apaharan’, ‘Insan’ etc. However, he gained huge popularity after playing the gritty, tough and courageous cop in Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham’ series.
- Salman Khan: Salman Khan as Chulbul Pandey in ‘Dabangg’ series won everyone’s heart with his epic on screen presence, swag and attitude. He also played cop roles in movies like ‘Wanted’ and ‘Garv’.
- Akshay Kumar: From ‘Mohra’ and ‘Tu Khiladi Mein Anari’ in his early days of career to ‘Khakhee’, ‘Rowdy Rathore’, ‘Aan: Men at Work’ and ‘Police Force’ when he was at the peak of his career; Akshay Kumar never failed to impress us with his stylish and charming portrayal of cop roles.
Also Irrfan, Aamir Khan, Randeep Hooda, Tabu are some of the Bollywood actors who have played some iconic cop roles.