As technology is continuously evolving and new features are being developed every day, we can definitely expect these 5 new technologies in the next 10 years.
From discovering fire in the stone age to using 4G internet in today’s computer-driven world, technology has come really a long way and it’s making our life better and easier. There are so many advanced technologies we are using now, would have seemed like a fantasy, if we just go 10 years backwards. So as “change is the only constant”, let’s try to find out what new technologies we can expect in the next 10 years to come.
- Artificial intelligence: Artificial Intelligence is already quite popular in the field of technology and it’s evolving at a very rapid pace. Besides its use in several apps, image and speech recognition etc, Artificial Intelligence will soon change the whole world by increasing machine’s ability to act intelligently, determining underlying connections in several sectors, analyzing data and many more things.
- 5G Network: 5G network technology will be introduced in the next few years and as the experts are expecting, this will bring a revolution in all the industries. Apart from faster data speed, 5G network is expected to allow low latency communication, make artificial intelligence available for everyone, reshape mobile service economy and many more things.
- Robots: Over the last few years, robotics have already seen a huge growth and now, robots can perform, even without the intervention of humans. Scientists have been developing a new technology named RPA or ‘Robotic Process Automation’ which can automate several complex business processes such as transaction, interpreting applications, dealing with data etc. In the next few years, as the term ‘cobots’ or collaborative robots refer, robots and human employees will work together in certain industries.
- Computers: In the next few years, we will see the outgrow of quantum computers, which are way faster and capable of tackling more complex problems. Scientists are developing a new technology where computers will be able to interpret everything by themselves.
- Medical Technologies: In the next 10 years, a revolution will be occurred in the medical field. With the help of Artificial Intelligence, it will be easier to detect diseases and guide treatment choice. Also, with other advanced technologies such as 3D-printing, VR/AR, nanotechnology etc, the healthcare system will have new approaches and we might be able to manage cancer also.
The list is never ending. Because, as Eckhard Pfeiffer said, “No one has ever been able to stop the process and evolution of technology. That is going to continue.”