While Anime and cartoon debate still rages, we are here to rise above it. Enjoy some cool facts about the world’s best Animes.
Anime lovers will turn nasty if you call Anime mere cartoons. But we are not here to delve into the intrinsic debate regarding Japanese animation. Generations have grown up watching Dragon Ball, Naruto, Cardcaptor Sakura among many others. The love for world famous animation has only grown over the ages, Anime creators have built up a whole kawaai world of its own. Whether it’s their brilliant art style, extensive skill, plots, storylines or the impressive magnitude of themes, Anime, once you fall in love with it, can never be replaced.
Here are a few impressive Anime facts.
- The opening theme of Archer is heavily inspired by Cowboy Bebop. The latter has been a classic for over three decades now. While style follows a circular pattern, modern classics will owe its inspiration to the older ones.
- If you are familiar with Darren Aronofsky’s Requiem for a Dream, you’d know the famous bathtub scene. The scene, which was originally from the Anime Perfect Blue, inspired Aronofsky so much, he brought the rights to the entire movie just to recreate the bathtub scene.
- The creator of One Piece reveals the ending of the episodes only to his editor. Talk about epic secrecy.
- For the movie Akira, 50 new colours were created. Out of the record breaking 527 colours in the movie, 50 were created exclusively for this film.
- Everyone in Code Geass loves pizza. That’s because the movie was funded by Pizza Hut in Japan.
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka uses 22 different voice actors to voice for EucliwoodHellscythe– one of the characters. Since the character is mute, the monologue is voiced by different actors.
- Anime like Attack on Titan, Death Note, Sword Art Online, among other, have been banned in China as they believe these promote content against public morality.
- Production of Anime is insanely costly, but Anime covers about 60% of the world’s animation. The longest running Anime has 7500 episodes.
- Quentin Tarantino was initially approached to write the English version of Princess Mononoke. Tarantino recommended the novelist Neil Gaiman for the job.
- The Matrix trilogy was inspired by Ghost in the Shell,
- Celebrity marriage is also a thing in Anime. The creators of Yu YuHakushoand Sailor Moon are a married couple.
- The character Makashima Shogo from Psycho-Pass is based on the Joker as portrayed in Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
- The music video of Kanye West’s song Stronger is based on